Become a Shepherd
Are you looking for a way to continue your impact on the health of the Church today and pour into younger generations of ministry leaders?
Standing Stone Ministry has raised up a great team of Shepherds who know the challenges, difficulties, frustrations, and discouragement pastors and other ministry leaders often encounter as they care for the people in their churches and communities. These ministry leaders need safe people in their lives, people who have traversed similar terrain and who have the wisdom and experience to help them avoid dangerous situations and decisions.
There are opportunities for such called ministry leaders to
serve with Standing Stone in either volunteer or support raised positions. Shepherds who serve with us come from a variety of ministry backgrounds: pastoral ministry, church staff, ministry spouse, parachurch ministries, and the
mission field, who all have a calling, dedication, passion, and experience
to “Shepherd the Shepherds.”
TYPES OF SHEPHERDS:
PAID STAFF SHEPHERDS
Our paid shepherds have the flexibility of working 15 hours per week (level 1), 30 hours a week (level 2), or 40 hours per week (level 3).
Our volunteer shepherds have the flexibility to care for pastors/ministry leaders on their own schedules. They also have the opportunity to raise financial support to receive reimbursement for expenses incurred while caring for these ministry leaders. Our volunteer shepherds are critically needed to accomplish our overall mission directive. We appreciate their partnership in this vital ministry.
Our paid and volunteer international shepherds have the flexibility to go on 3-5 week short-term care missions per quarter to serve ministry leaders around the world. Contact us for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a Shepherd for Standing Stone Ministry, here are the initial steps you need to take:
- Review our FAQs about becoming a Shepherd.
- Complete the form at the bottom of this page, and a team member will connect with you to provide you with additional information.
- After you’ve connected with our team, and you’re ready to move forward, we will have you complete an application and begin your interview and vetting process.
Standing Stone Ministry Shepherds will be selected after an extensive vetting process that will help identify men and women who have ministry experience, as well as having demonstrated a heart for caring for others.
After completion and approval of their application, background and reference checks, and the completion of required reading, they will be invited to attend a Standing Stone Ministry Shepherd Training.
- Shepherds will be compensated by raising ministry support from family, friends, former church members, and other relationships developed over a lifetime of ministry.
- Participate in two days of training at a regional location.
- Receive all training materials needed to succeed in developing mentoring relationships with pastors, ministry leaders, missionaries, and graduating seminary students.
- Be trained in Standing Stone protocols, guidelines, and expectations of being a Shepherd.
- Develop relationships based on caring and confidentiality with pastors and other ministry leaders.